This course is designed for those who have little to no experience with truck driving or CDL training. Students will learn extensive knowledge about the transportation industry. Being a truck driver is more than just a career change, it is a lifestyle change. Learning the necessary skills to manage the business aspect of the transportation industry, along with the practical application for effectively operating a class A vehicle are invaluable parts of becoming a successful professional truck driver. Graduates of this program have gone into entry-level positions as heavy truck drivers, tractor trailer drivers, and owner operators.
PROGRAM FEES PROFESSIONAL TRACTOR TRAILER TRAINING 602(HOURS)
REQUIRED USTDTS CHARGES:
- Tuition: $8995.00 (Effective for all students starting after 8/1/2018)
- Registration: $25.00
- Class A License Road Test Fee: $100.00 ($100.00 fee for all additional road tests taken)
- Class B License Road Test Fee: $100.00 ($100.00 fee for all additional road tests taken)
- Drug Test: $40.00 *paid to USTDTS
REQUIRED MEDICAL CHARGES:
- D.O.T Physical: $80 *paid to USTDTS (Third Party D.O.T. acceptable)
REQUIRED SECRETARY OF STATE CHARGES:
- Temporary Instruction Permit: $60.00 (operator’s license) $25.00 (chauffeurs license) *paid to the Secretary of State. License Conversion Fee: $18.00 *paid to the Secretary of State
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES:
- Gloves – $13.00
- Air Gauge – $8.00
- Flashlight – $3.00
- PT Inspection Tool – $12.00 – UniqueTruck.com
- Laminated Map – $16.88 – Amazon Prime
- FMCSR Manual – $8.95 – Amazon Prime
- JJ Keller Manual – $49.00
MEETING TIMES PROFESSIONAL TRACTOR TRAILER TRAINING 602 (HOURS)
Classes times are scheduled during the following hours depending on a variety of factors including weather, time of year, holidays, and availability of resources.
All 602 Students 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri) 18 weeks
Lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This course is designed to prepare students for the minimum entry level requirements for obtaining their Class A CDL certificates. Students will receive classroom, lab, range, and road instruction throughout the duration of the course. Graduates have the opportunity to be placed with a preferred major national trucking company and will enter into on the job training (OJT).
TUITION AND FEES:
Road Test: $100.00 ($100.00 fee for all additional road tests taken)
Drug Test: $40.00 *paid to U.S. Truck Driver Training School, Inc.
D.O.T Physical: $70.50 *paid to Concentra Medical
Temporary Instruction Permit: $60.00 (operator’s license) $25.00 (chauffeurs license) *paid to the Secretary of State
License Conversion Fee: $18.00 *paid to the Secretary of State
MEETING TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Full Time Students – 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.Sterling Heights classroom. (Mon – Fri) 4 weeks
Weekend Students – 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m. Sterling Heights classroom (Sat – Sun) 10 weeks
Individuals that already hold a CDL Class A or B license and have not driven for a period of time can enroll into our customized refresher programs to get them ready to go back on the open road. Our refresher programs can be custom tailored to each individuals needs.
This course has been designed for individuals looking to obtain their Class B CDL. Graduates of this program will be able to operate a variety of straight trucks and buses. A requirement of this program is obtaining your passenger endorsement.