4.0 Information Collected
- The institution’s website is permitted to ask site visitors to submit personally identifiable information, such as email address, name, and telephone number.
- The institution may use such personal information for educational programs and for administrative purposes. If a user submits personally identifiable information, an authorized institution representative may follow up with a request for additional information, such as data related to admission to USTDTS.
- The institution’s website is permitted to collect information automatically from a user’s computer or other devices (“User Information”). User Information includes the IP address, which device type, operating system, and browser users are using, what kind of device they are using, and what path users have taken among specific pages on the institution’s website. It is used to assess how the institution’s website is being used and how effective it is, including information on how easy it is to navigate the site and locate specific types of information.
5.0 Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
- The institution normally does not voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information to individuals outside of the institution. Furthermore, certain student information is protected from disclosure by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- The institution may disclose personally identifiable information collected from the USTDTS website to third parties only as provided in this section. Such information may be shared with third parties when required by law, such as Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act, or in response to legal processes such as subpoenas and court orders. Additionally, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties where (1) permitted by institution policies or applicable law, (2) authorized by an institution contract, (3) the user consents to the disclosure, or (4) disclosure is otherwise authorized for good cause by the Vice-President.
- The institution is permitted to store some information on the computer of a user visiting the USTDTS website. This is in the form of a file called a “cookie.” A cookie helps USTDTS recognize the user’s visit, should he/she have visited earlier, but it is not linked to the user’s identity. A user can set his/her browser to not accept cookies and can delete them after visiting the institution’s website.
7.0 Tracking Behavior
- U.S. Truck Driver Training School is permitted to use Google Analytics and other technologies to track how users navigate our website. This data may not include personally identifiable information, although it may track a user’s computer’s IP address. This information may be shared with Google or the providers of other tracking technologies but will not be used in Google’s products or such other provider’s products.
8.0 Server Logs
- The institution’s servers are permitted to routinely log information about site visits, including the date, time, and length of a user’s visit. This information is used to ensure the smooth running of the institution’s website and to alert the institution of potential problems, such as performance issues and network attacks.
9.0 External Links
- The institution states that the privacy policies of sites that might be linked to USTDTS pages may be different than this policy and it encourages users to make themselves aware of other sites’ privacy policies.
10.0 Security Practice
- U.S. Truck Driver Training School endeavors to protect users’ personally identifiable information and other data that is supplied from unauthorized access and damage. The institution will use its best efforts to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and enforced.
11.0 User Consent
12.0 Changes to this Policy
13.0 Contact Information
6500 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 4831
- This institution policy is revocable by the President at any time and without notice.
15.0 Effective Date
- This institution policy is effective upon issuance.
How to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking
Last updated on 12.03.2020