CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- If a request for withdrawal is made before a student participates in class instruction, the student shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid minus a registration fee of $25.00 and any fees paid towards the DOT physical, drug test, or TIP Permit which can be credited back to the student should he or she decide to reapply later.
- If a student withdraws during the first three days of class they will be entitled to a refund of all monies paid minus a registration fee of $25.00 and any fees paid towards the DOT physical, drug test, or TIP Permit which can be credited back to the student should he or she decide to reapply later.
- If an enrolled student, who has started classes and having given prior notice of at least 24 hours, withdraws from a course of instruction before completion, all payments made by the student to the school shall be refunded less the school’s fees and prorated tuition based upon the amount of elapsed clock hours the student has attended. This charge shall be determined by dividing the total tuition for such course of instruction or series of lessons by the number of lessons or clock hours therein. Withdrawal from a program is considered official on the date the student notifies the admissions office. Tuition will continue to accrue until notification is received in writing.
- A student who completes 60 percent or more of required course training will not be entitled to a tuition refund. For veterans enrolled in a USTDTS program utilizing VA Education benefits please refer to the Veteran refund policy below.
- Students with missing more than 15% of the required hours will be withdrawn from the training program. Students with (3) consecutive unexcused absences will be withdrawn from the training program and the cancellation of student enrollment contract will commence. Refunds are prorated and based on the hours the program has been held until the automatic withdrawal date. A student terminated under these circumstances, may apply for readmission. A Student applying for readmission must furnish a written request to the Director of Training for consideration. Students automatically withdrawn after 60% of the program has elapsed are not entitled to a refund (Veterans and other eligible beneficiaries are exempt from the 60% rule).
- Registration, books, third party, and material fees are non-refundable. For tuition paid by check or cash, refunds will be disbursed within 45 days in the form of a U.S. Truck Driver Training School, Inc. check. Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the same card within 45 days.
- Credit Balance Policy: if a student has a credit balance from a TITLE IV disbursement, then a refund will be made to the student within 14 days.
VETERANS AND OTHER ELIGIBLE BENEFICIARIES REFUND POLICY
If a student eligible for veteran education and training benefits fails to enter a course, withdraws, or training is discontinued at any time prior to completion, the amount charged will be an approximate pro-rata portion of total charges for tuition, registration fees, and other charges collected by USTDTS that the length of the completed portion of the course bears to its total length less $10.00 for the registration fee.